This section provides virtual tours of different analytical instruments that students use during the laboratory component of the CHM217 and CHM317 courses. All text and images are © Dr. David C. Stone, University of Toronto unless noted otherwise, and may not be reproduced without permission.
- Flame atomic absorption/emission spectrophotometry (FAAS/FAES)
- Graphite furnace atomic absorption spectrophotometry (GFAAS)
- Gas Chromatography (GC) & GC-Mass Spectrometry (GC-MS)
- High Performance Liquid Chromatography (HPLC) & Ion Chromatography (IC)
- UV-Visible Moleculare Absorption Spectrophotometery (UV-Vis)
Click on any link or image to take a virtual tour of the instrument...